THE '30' COUNTDOWN

Tuesday 13 December 2011

No. 2 - Be able to touch my toes

Easy for some, not for me! The first time I realised i 'lacked' in the flexibility department compared to most was when I took part in one of those fitness assessments at a gym a few years back - I soon realised they were suppose to measure how far over your toes you could reach, not how far from!!

So a life long goal, at least for a few years, has been to touch those little toes of mine with no leg bending! Now, how does one go about achieving this one?!! Open to suggestions, but I decided to start with Yoga and some serious stretching!

I am now one Yoga class down, and when the instructor called for the 'Pada Hastasana' pose, things got awkward!

* (Pada Hastasana): A standing pose. Stand straight with your feet together. Stretch your arms above your head. Bend forward until your face touches your legs and your hands can touch your toes.

I thought it was best to add some photos of exactly how much work I have in front of me, and so that progress can be tracked (this is mainly in case I have set myself up to fail!) - I promise I am really trying in these pics and hurting a little - oh dear!





No comments:

Post a Comment