THE '30' COUNTDOWN

Wednesday 22 February 2012

14. Create a Tradition

I have had MANY a suggestions for little number 14 - and overall a few traditions will prob come from this list (yearly Super Bowl parties are a must), however I have had my little heart set on this idea and so the tradition begins...................

PANCAKE TUESDAY (aka Shrove Tuesday)!!!

Let them eat Cake, or in this case 'PAN'cakes!

When I was a wee child, I do remember the delight of Pancake Tuesday and when we were lucky enough to have them made for us before school (Shout Out Aunty Nene!) - So it was time to bring this tradition back! I thought it would be a fabulous idea to indulge in some Pancakes yearly on Shrove Tuesday and one day (in the far far far away future) continue this fun with my own kids! and Mule, if you're lucky :)

Was it everything I had hoped?? Well, the first few pancakes cooked turned out fabulous, but then our mix went a bit down hill and a lot following turned to mush - lucky we have a lot of years ahead of us to perfect this day!! Everything still however went down a treat, how could they not, pancakes are going to taste good in any form.

Here are some pics to document our fun!

READY..........
SET..........
FLIP!

Topping Choices..............


TA DAH!


And in review, L O V E  Pancake Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment