THE '30' COUNTDOWN

Monday 13 February 2012

25. Ride a Tandem Bike

I want to ride my bicycle................................

Another item on the list bites the dust! Ride a tandem bike - check!

We had the most amazing weather in Brisbane over the weekend so whilst already trying to eat el' nat-u-ral this week (number 18 on the list), we continued with the health kick and got in some good old fashioned exercise!

Firstly, a big THANK YOU to Mule for helping me complete this challenge, especially as it was life threatening at times!!

On Sunday morning after a little research we found a bike hire company situated at Redcliffe, and they had a tandem bike available. Delightful! Required bike + scenic water views for our ride (although i think maybe i should have been keeping my eyes on the path............)

Here are some pics with our double bike! Double the fun??!!!!




The verdict! Whilst a little scary at times, I LOVED it! Mule, not so much!! You see I took the front position (shock!) and from what I understand, the back can be quite full on - with no control over steering, a blocked view and a partner who keeps jumping off the bike when scared rather than breaking, I can kinda understand why! Yes, I may have tried to stop 'Fred Flinstone' style with my feet rather than the breaks - oops!

All the fear aside, once we got going it was actually a lot of fun! A bit of random fun for a Sunday morning :) If you ever come across the opportunity, I would recommend giving it a whirl!

One final thought on the matter - we made it through our ride argument free (for those that know me well, you will understand this is quite impressive!) - Mule must be the one for me x

No comments:

Post a Comment