THE '30' COUNTDOWN

Thursday 5 January 2012

On the road again........

24. Visit a town I've never been to............................

This one gets a DOUBLE TICK as I ended up visiting 2 new towns in one day! One country, one coastal - variety is the spice of life!

Whist camping with my family over the Christmas break, we decided to take a little day trip to knock this one off the list. After much map searching, we decided that Cambewarra would be our town of choice.


Dad, Mum, myself and family friends (UP, AN and J) piled into car's and set off on our little adventure! Cambewarra was about 30 - 40 mins from where we were staying at Currarong on the NSW south coast. It had a very cute country vibe to it (evident by the cows on the way in) and some fabulous little cottage type houses and buildings. We then went up Cambewarra mountain to take in some awesome views and token scones (that's what one does in the country, right?!) - Here are some of my fav pics -










Well this great day out only got better! On our way back, we realised that I had never been to Greenwell Point - a small coastal village about 15 - 20 mins from where my family has camped for the past 18 years!! So with a little detour on our way back, I found it - my fav new destination! LOVE LOVE LOVED it!! This town had all the ticks (well, all of my 'perfect holiday destination ticks'):

1) boats
2) pelicans
3) a pool (cute little public pool with a very 'summer in America circa 1970's vibe'!!)
4) multiple Fish and Chip shops
5) Small town coastal vibe

Take a tour:

The road in......



Pelican Pete!

Dad & I

Local Pool, BYO picnic!



No comments:

Post a Comment