THE '30' COUNTDOWN

Tuesday 24 April 2012

16. Try Bikram Yoga

Bikram Yoga...........................wow!

Last night my friend Hillers and I decided it was time to find our inner chi and get in touch with our downward dogs...................in a room that was basically a sauna!

What an adventure! We set off after work to find the studio, but our little friend the GPS had some struggles locating the address which meant we had to ditch our cars and run through the streets to try and make the class on time. As I am not a runner, I was already huffing and puffing by the time we made it which was prob not the best start! However I was so relieved when the instructor let us in the room that my lack of breath went relatively unnoticed! We had made it just in the nick of time..............

The next 90mins was quite the experience. Here are some key moments / observations from our time in the volcano:
  • You basically melt! The sweat is just drip, drip, dripping off you (delightful!)
  • It is extremely hard to hold the poses being so slippery!
  • At the first water break, Hillers and I quickly exchanged out thoughts on the first half hour, only to be greeted with 'would my new friends please keep the debrief till after the class' over the microphone - oops! Once again, in trouble for talking!!
  • Some of the people in these classes are amazing - what they can do with their bodies is inspiring!
  • Your heart pumps like crazy - at one point I thought it was going to burst out of my chest.
  • After holding one pose, the instructor even praised us from the stage! I cant remember his exact words but I am pretty sure he said 'the two new girls are the best I've ever seen'! Hillers will back me up on this!
  • The room smelt like dirty socks......
  • We learnt that a Yogi is someone who practices Yoga, so from now on I shall be known as Yogi Bear!
Now, only to prove that this challenge was completed and keep the blogs 'honesty' in check, I will include a photo of myself after the class. Please look away if you become nauseous when looking at disturbing images........................


Will I do it again, probably not! But you never know, things are often remembered as 'so much fun' once the pain is gone!

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment