THE '30' COUNTDOWN

Tuesday 10 April 2012

5. Bake a Pumpkin Pie

Living the American dream!!

This one has been something I have wanted to tackle for many many years, and by tackle I may have been meaning 'have mum bake it for me'! Nevertheless it was time to get my Masterchef on and hit the kitchen!

This post will be more of a picture blog, as I'm sure no one wants to read through step by step notes on baking, but the one thing that needs to be said is:

I NAILED IT!

From the home made crust, to the delicious filling, I OWNED THIS PUMPKIN PIE!!! Could not have been more chuffed and impressed with myself (just ask me!!)

Once again, big shout out and thank you to Tina who helped me get through this baking extravaganzer - her and the couple of glasses of wine :)

The key ingredient......

My trusty assistant

Rolling, rolling, rolling (sung to the tune of the limp bizkit song!)

Hello crust!

Blind baking!

Fill me up Buttercup.....

The unveiling......

Ta Dahhhhhh!

mmmmm! Are you here for the feeding??

STUNNING!! and delicious (Just ask Mule!)

List item number 5 - smashed and in many a happy belly's across Brisbane!! Now I can host Thanksgiving! Naturally 'Yipeeeeeee's' are heard all across Queensland.............thank goodness for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment