THE '30' COUNTDOWN

Monday 23 April 2012

22. Watch the sunrise over the east coast of Australia

Originally I set out to achieve this one on New Years Day! Not only would I see the start to a new day, but a new year also, how perfect................BUT, I didn't make it down to the beach in time, and also picked a beach in the wrong spot, with no clear view of the east.

Location, location people!!

........and what better location for attempt number two than Nudgee Beach (for those Brisbanites, note the sarcasm)! Delightful location, shame about all the mosquito's from the mangroves - gross, but beggars cant be choosers at 5am in the morning - I was NOT missing it again and this was the closest location to home.

Mule and I set off on our little adventure all rugged up, with croissants and coffee ready to rock, and besides the mosquito's, it was actually quite a delightful thing to watch! I can see why people do this!

There was a hairy moment there when some big scary dogs chased us from our prime viewing point, but who am I to deny them a key viewing spot of their own!!

I left with blurry eyes from staring at the sun too long, The Beatles song 'Here Comes the Sun' stuck in my head due to Mules delightful singing and a camera full of fabulous shots - check them out below!

Thanks Mule for helping me knock this one off the list, and not complaining once about getting up so early xx

First shot of the sky, just to show how early we got up!

Supplies!





Peek-a-Boo, here comes the sun!


Mule is loving it!



No comments:

Post a Comment