THE '30' COUNTDOWN

Wednesday 2 May 2012

17. Do a 'life drawing' class

**This blog entry may contain some Nudity. Parental supervision is required for those under the age of 15**

It took two attempts, but finally we put pen to paper and took part in some rudie tudie drawing!! A few weeks ago my friend Erin and I attempted to complete this task, only once we showed up the class, it wasn't on (we found this out after multiple floors of stairs climbed)!!

So attempt number two took me to a new venue, and what better person to attend with than my fabulous friend 'Moose'! a) She loves to draw and all things artistic b) she likes to giggle at doodles!

You would be surprised by how many people get involved in this Tuesday night event! The place was huge, with 3 large rooms, with the models switching between each. Moose had bought along all her supplies ready for our creative sides to shine - big thanks for organising everything!! We had different types of lead pencils, charcoal, pastel colours! Could we be more artistic?!

The models did a variety of 1, 3 and 10 min poses that we had to draw. I think my drawings definitely improved as time went on. The only awkward moment was the last 10 minute draw, when the male model awkwardly stared at me the whole time - so hard to draw his face when we kept locking eyes!! Freaked me out and so I spent the majority of the 10mins colouring in rather than looking up. Who would have thought someone nude could make the person in clothes feel uncomfortable!

Enough talking though, I know everyone just wants to see the 'art'!!


Some artistic inspiration on the walls!

First few drawings! Rocking the charcoal with some 1 min poses!


Moose displaying her AMAZING skills!

Here's mine, censored of course!

Some of my pics!


....and some of Moose's artwork

This is the final pose of the night and the one where he just kept staring at me! Below is the fabulous pic moose did, and then my coloured in version!


Such a fabulous evening! I was quite shocked by how much I actually enjoyed drawing. Think we may attend this one again!

Big shout out to Nelly for suggesting this one for the list - you're coming with us next time!!

8 list items to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment