THE '30' COUNTDOWN

Monday 28 May 2012

3. Drink a Martini

Shaken................not stirred!

My first ever Martini! The plan was always to find a nice cocktail bar and sip away at my Martini feeling very classy and 'James Bond' esk. This did not happen!

My 30th birthday party took place on Friday night (don't worry, I am still 29 so challenges all count!!) which seemed like a perfect and very appropriate time to sample my new drink! However, as the night rolled on and the hours got away from us the lovely, grown up, mature venue I had imagined was a distant memory, and Brisbanes 'delightful' Mustang Bar was where we found ourselves instead.

My fabulous friend Chazlet was lovely enough to buy me the cocktail, and made sure to insist on a 'nice glass' for the occasion (I was a bit uncertain as to whether a nice glass actually existed in this place, but we were in luck)! Big thanks to Chazlet for the purchase xx

I'm pretty sure only the best vodka and other spirits were used.......................................hmmmmm, not! Oh well, I'll save a quality Martini for my 30's!

I decided the best way to explain the moment was once again through pictures - as I am such a lovely friend, I shared the 'delicious' cocktail with those around me. Below you will see some before and after shots of how the drink went down!










Not even an awful Martini could shake the coolness from this guy!

Just call me Bond, James Bond!







No comments:

Post a Comment